Effective May 30th, Gmail will no longer allow the Less secure app option and it will no longer be available as a selection.
1. Login into the Gmail account that you will be using for the scanning device.
2. Select Security
3. Under “Signing in to Google,” select App Passwords.
4. You may need to sign in. If you do not have this option, it might be due to one of the below issues:
a. 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
b. 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
c. Your account is through work, school, or another organization.
d. You turned on Advanced Protection.
5. At the bottom, choose Select Device and choose “Other”.
6. Enter a name for the device and press Generate.
7. Copy the Device password shown on your computer. Select done.
8. Go back to your google account under Security and select “Recent security activity”. Select the recent entry for App password.
9. Select “Yes, it was me” to confirm change.
10. Open the Command center webpage, Login and browse to Function Settings > Email.
11. Enter the Device password in the password field. The Username stays the same as Main account.
12. Press submit. Once the page refreshes, you can test the connection.
If you have any questions, please contact the Kyocera Diagnostic Center at 1-800-255-6482.